Skip to content
- 6 pounds Castilla squash
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 3 8oz sugar canes
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 5 cloves
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Preheat a large pot (mines is 8 inches tall and 9 inches wide) on medium heat and add the water.
- Break up your sugar into smaller pieces so that the sugar melts faster. I use a meat tenderizer hammer to do this.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon, and cloves to the pot of water and cook until all the sugar is melted and boiling (about 10 minutes)
- In the meantime clean the sweet potatoes and squash
- Cut both end pieces off and peel the sweet potatoes
- Cut squash and sweet potatoes into approximately 2 inch pieces.
- Once all the sugar is melted add the squash and sweet potatoes into the boiling sugar and continue cooking with a lid on
- In 20 minutes stir the mixture to ensure all ingredients get fully cooked
- Cover again and let cook for about 50 more minutes for a total cook time of 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Let rest for 30 minutes
- Enjoy :D!
- My favorite way to serve is refrigerated and with a splash of milk stirred in.