2 pounds of Chicken Breast
8 green Tomatillos
1/4 of an Onion
2 Garlic Cloves
1 bunch Cilantro
2 Teaspoons Salt (You can change this to your preference)
1 teaspoon pepper
5 tablespoons of oil (2 for the sauce and 3 for the chicken)
1/2 cup water
- Cut your chicken breast into thin slices and place into a bowl (the thinner the better)
- Add 1 teaspoon of pepper and 1 teaspoon of salt to the chicken and mix to evenly incorporate.
- Peel the skin off of the tomatillos and rinse
- Rinse the bunch of cilantro and chop it into small pieces
- Chop the tomatillos into small pieces
- Cut the onion into small pieces
- Add the cilantro, tomatillos, onion, 2 garlics, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1/2 cup of water into a blender and blend.
- Add 2 tablespoons of oil into a pot on medium heat (let it heat for 2 minutes)
- Add the blended salsa into the pot and let it cook for 15 minutes (stir intermittently)
- In a pan add 2 tablespoons of oil (let it heat for 2 minutes) then use it to cook the chicken (should cook for approximately 4 minutes on each side)
- Slice the cooked chicken into strips.
- Place chicken into the pot with the green salsa and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy 😀